*This is a grilling recipe!
What you’ll need:
3 Ripe Hass Avocados
1/2 Red Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Poblano Chile
2 Tsp Smoked Peppercorn (any pepper will do)
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Lime (juice)
4 Strips of Thick Cut Bacon
2 Tbsp BBQ sauce (we use Tom’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce from Whole Foods)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Bunch Cilantro
1. Clean and cut the Poblano in half and de-seed.
2. Cut red onion in half and remove skin. Place these ingredients into aluminum foil with 3 garlic cloves. Pour 2 tbsp olive oil over all of the ingredients and use 1 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper over the top.
3. Make a sealed pouch out of those and set onto grill top. Roast for 40-45 minutes or until soft with a slight char forms on the skin.
4. Prepare 4 bacon strips onto aluminum foil. Brush the top with BBQ sauce and crack fresh smoked black pepper over the top. Place it on the grill for 10-20 minutes keeping an eye so that it gets caramelized and dark flipping the bacon periodically.
5. In a bowl combine the diced roasted pepper, onion and garlic with one liberal handful of freshly chopped cilantro.
6. Roughly chop your grilled bacon and add to them mixture, lightly stirring it in so it doesn’t break apart. Mix all ingredients together!
7. Next, add 3 Hass avocados, freshly squeezed lime juice (1 lime) and smash mixture together to your texture preference. (I tend to keep mine slightly chunky.)
Now you can enjoy your rich decadent smokey bacon guacamole!